After several years we discontinue the Gioia, the Gran Gioia and the Clara Luna. The reasons are different but absolutely understandable.
The Clara Luna: one of the components is no more available and there is no possibility to find an alternative without going in the MK 2 version.
The Gran Gioia: in the last years we have made huge steps forward in the construction and in the knowledge about how to build horns and phase plugs.
The Gioia: very simple, the costs related to the construction of the Gioia are just a little bit lower than the costs related to the Gran Gioia. This would put the Gioia in a very similar price category to the Gran Gioia and would force us to artificially increase the price of the Gran Gioia. We are not keen to these pricing games just to avoid internal competitions. We aim at giving the best value for money to our customers.
Lots of friends there discussing about Analogue and listening for exceptional pieces of music on old style sources: Tapes, Turntables and so on.
You can have more information about the event here
And here our news for the event.
The easiest thing is to quote our distributor, Marco, the owner of Music2.nl
The Setup? Feickert Blackbird, Jelco, Zyx, Octave Jubilees, BH Gran Gioia's... More or less my idea of the best possible set-up you can imagine...
Statements? We were told about 100 times:
- "absolutely the best sound if the show"
- "finally a set-up that sounds as it should be"
We had about 4000 visitors in total, think they all came to our room and, well, it was SO crowded in the room that it became almost impossible to do a demo at all!!
It is true... 105m2 and sometimes having over 100 people in...
Iluxcontent, filmed a short movie at Audio21 in the Netherlands. They tell me that it is quite entertaining… for those who speak Dutch.
It is about the good things for the men. The things that make life sweeter and worth the living.
It took the whole day to film, but Mark van Braam seems to be done for the show.
Take a look at it here:
These are the Words of Mark van Braam of Audio 21:
"The 12th October, Audio21 in Wapenveld NL held their vinyl-party. In three listening rooms, three sets, the first Gran Gioia with the new preamp of Sonore AC, in the second the FS2 ‘patchwork’ which is probably the most special pair of the world, also with the amps of Sonore AC. The third listening room was filled with the fun13, amp of Pathos Acoustics. And of course vinyl was always the source; Pluto and Dr. Feickert were ‘singing’. Outside in a tent, the local vinyl store showed their new stock. About 150 people came to this charming event, in the most charming hifi-shop of the Netherlands. Next year, the first weekend of may, the second edition of the ‘Vinylfuif’. The word ‘fuif’ is difficult to translate… an other word for ‘party’ which was used in the 80’s."
Here to the picture gallery
The show went great! Lots of visitors, great sound, even AJ (van den Hul) participated personally. René van Es took the pictures (now in the gallery) and will write a show report of the day.
It was the first show ever worldwide with 4 Pluto turntables. We played with the Gran Gioia's and the Genuin FS 2's and for the first time with a complete van den Hul amplification set-up!
All the Plutos played with the new Crimson cartridge from van den Hul.
You can read a report on the event written by René van Es on the pages of Puresound.be page
Set-up 1: Gran Gioia with Pluto 10A turntable, 9a tonearm (Cammino wired) and vdH Crimson card, VdH Grail SB (Holy Grail) phono preamp. Pluto 12a turntable, Reed 2A tonearm, vdH Crimson card and vdH Grail phono preamp, vdH Emerald pre- and Excalibur mono power amplifiers, vdH 3T cabling.
Gioias in a static setup with Pathos amplifier and a Pluto 12A carbon turntable.
Living room setup: Pluto 12 A carbon Cobra with Pluto 6 A tonearm, vdH Crimson card, Sonore AC pre and poweramplifiers, vdH Grail phono preamp and Blumenhofer FS2 loudspeakers.
In Rotterdam Music2 presented, as usual a huge setup in 2 rooms.
One room with Sonore AC and the Gran Gioia another with an Octave system and a Genuin FS 2.
The press was enthusiastic:
- Sonore AC is a new and innovative Dutch company. The combination of the Sonore amps with the Blumenhofer Gran Gioia's and the breathtaking Pluto Audio 10A turntable was really from the highest class! Even with only 3 days of burned inn loudspeakers I cannot believe it can be better than this. Absolutely amazing...
- When I arrived at the top-floor I could not believe what I was hearing. When closing my eyes I was listening to a live performance: High End at the Highest level!
Here some pictures of the show
Even this year Marco de Wilde of Music2 presented an astonishing show in Veldhoven.
There have been 3 rooms with Blumenhofer Acoustics loudspeakers for a total of 5 systems playing.
Here You can enjoy a picture gallery of the systems playing.
Main rooms with Blumenhofer were:
- Music2 played a Genuin FS 2, a Tempesta 17 Surround set and a Tempesta 20
- STS Digital played a Genuin FS 1 and a Fun 17
- Sonore AC played a Gran Gioia
Like last year the atmosphere was really enthusiastic and during the show lot of people showed their interest for our products.
Even this year we participated to the analog Audio Forum in Krefeld.
As difference from the usual shows, this time we decided to have a bigger room to play bigger loudspeakers, and we played the Gioia.
Like last year, the room of the organizer used a Gran Gioia for its demonstration and it has been very well accepted.
In our room the setup consistsed of:
- Rui Borges - Uno Turntable
- Einstein Audio Components - The Turntable's choice Phono Preamplifier
- Einstein Audio Components - The Tube Preamplifier
- Einstein Audio Components - The Light in the Dark Stereo Power Amplifier
- Blumenhofer Acoustics - Gioia Loudspeakers
- Cammino HP - complete power supply and cabling including its extraordinary Power Harmonizer
On the first day we had a straight setup, it played, but it was not possible to turn up the volume. The people were already satisfied, but we did not. We knew what was reachable with that setup and we reached maximum 60% of that. Not satisfactory. Not at all for us.
In the night from Saturday to Sunday, after a good dinner in a nearby restaurant, we spent half of the night to start from scratch. What a wonder, on the second day, music was playing, finally music was in the room and cheered our ears. Thanks to Claudio and Marco for the big effort.
Thanks to Hanna as well for taking care about the customers and to Jürgen from HiFi Studio Fuchs for the LPs.
And most of all thank You to the whole AAA Team for the great organization of the event and the great support during the days of the show!!! See You again next year!
This year our participation to the Analog Audio Forum has been really relaxing. The hard part was before and after: there were 4 rooms playing Blumenhofer Acoustics:
- Room 'Ausdauer' - the organizer's room used a Gran Gioia for its presentation and seminars. The final amplification was a Grandinote Prestigio and the cabling was as well made in Italy by Cammino
- Room 'Königsregel' - was Einstein Audio and Blumenhofer official Room, played a big Fun 17
- Room 119 - was Peter Steinfad's Room. The setup of the frankfurter hörgesellschaft was based on Musica from Japan and Crayon Audio from Austria, played a big Fun 17
- Room 122 - was Jürgen Fuchs from HiFi Studio Fuchs the setup was based on Mastersound, Rui Borges Turntable, Grandinote Phono Preamplifier, played a big Fun 17
I'm really satisfied with the result our rooms achieved during the show.
I have to say a great thank You to the whole organization team and the really kind people working for the Music in its original form.
At the end of the Show, Eric from Essen won a Pair of Blumenhofer Acoustics Satellite PC Loudspeakers and Marion from Oberhausen one set of DynAris by Aktyna.
The Gran Gioia is available in 2 versions, the first one with standard magnets and the other with field coil magnet of the Kilimanjaro series. To know a little bit more about field coil loudspeakers, visit the site of Wolf von Langa and his great vintage loudspeakers web page.
Sometimes there are some problems with the news page, sorry for the inconvenience.
You can always check our news here, on blogspot